What Is Power Inverter?
Power inverter is a device that turns your vehicle battery’s direct current (DC) into alternating current (AC) – the kind of electricity you have in outlets in your house, that are connected to the energy grid.
Having a power inverter means you can plug in your appliances and devices, and power them like you would through an electricity outlet in a house.
Features of Power Inverters
- Power inverters are especially useful if you are setting up a solar power system – they convert energy from the sun into electricity you can use to power your gadgets within your vehicle. This is renewable energy that isn’t a drain on your best car battery.
- Power inverters aren’t just for vehicles – if you have a small cottage or outhouse, they’re very useful for setting up a small power source there.
- Many (but not all) power inverters come with USB outlets, useful for charging on the road without having to cart around adaptors and large plugs. For ease of use, get one compatible with USB.
- Many power inverters have digital screens which show you how much energy has been consumed and information about battery voltage. It’s useful to know these things at a glance, so consider getting one that has a screen.
Modified or Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
There are two main types of inverter – the modified sine wave, and the pure sine wave.
- Modified Sine Wave: These tend to be cheaper, and less powerful. However, they’re good for most everyday electronics you will want to use, just not very large ones.
- Pure Sine Wave: These are compatible with pretty much all electronics, gadgets, and appliances, and produce a powerful current most like the one supplied by the electric grid. These are the most common choice, because they’re more likely to be compatible with anything you need to plug in.
XINCOL XCM Mini Compact Car Power Inverter 1500W (Modified Sine Wave) With USB Ports and Universal Plug
This 1500W DC-AC Power Inverter with one USB charging port, a male plug cable and universal plug is designed for all major brand laptops,digital portables such as video camcorder,digital camera, iPad,iPod,cell phone,PSP, DVD player etc.
- 【 1500W Sine Wave Inverter】1500 watts continuous power, 3000 watts peak power, sine wave power inverter converts 12V DC to 110V/220v AC power, connect DC battery cables directly to your 12V battery. perfect for car, vacations, road trips, camping etc.
- 【MULTI-PROTECTION】Isolated voltage protects perfectly for your device from low/over voltage, over heating, overload, reverse polarity, short circuit, low/over charge.
- 【Over Heating Protection】The Sine Wave Inverter has well placed thermal protection sensors, the aluminum alloy casing with a few ripples. Unique vents and a built-in fan which comes on under no any loads or when the Inverter becomes hot Once Powerred.
- 【Low/Over Voltage Protection】It will not drain your battery dry because of an under-voltage protection point. The Inverter does automatically sense overload condition and shuts down AC power when the load exceeds its rating load. You will need to power Off/On to reset the overload condition indicated by the Flashing Red. The ON-OFF switch only works for the 3-prong plugs.
- 【More Use】XINCOL XCM 1500W Sine Wave Inverter designed with one AC outlets and one 2A USB charging port, ideal for for charging tablet, game player, kindle, cell phones, lights and so on. Each 1500W inverter is equipped with 2*battery clamps cable, more suitable for use in the car.
- 【Safety Protection Functions】: Reverse polarity protection. Low input voltage protection, High input voltage protection, Over-current protection, Short circuit protection, Over temperature protection, Overload protection, Internal fuses
- Ultra compact size, more efficient and reliable
- Operating Stable and reliable performance Auto-recovery when device is back to normal operating
- Simple to install
Input Volts: DC12V/DC24V(optional)
Product G.W: 880g
Max Continuous Power：1500W
Peak Load Power:3000W
High voltage cut off level 15V+/-0.5V,30V+/-0.5V
Low voltage alarm level 11V+/-0.5V,21V+/-0.5V
Low voltage cut off level 10V+/-0.3V,20V+/-0.3V
Multi-Protections Functions: YES
Good to know
With 12 Months Warranty and Provides Friendly, Easy-to-Reach Support
For car ONLY, not applied airplane use.
Please do not leave the power inverter in the ON position while your car is off.
Avoid placing the inverter into sunlight directly or next to heat-sensitive materials to protect inverter from getting too warm.
Please understand device wattage usage Caution! Do not use high power electric devices such as hair dryers, microwave oven, iron pipe, electric heaters, curling irons, etc.